How to care for skin after swimming
A good swim can tone your body and also release those ‘happy’ hormones to keep you going for the day. Though it is a excellent exercise and everything, it still has some flip points and one main reason is its side effects on the skin.
Read on to find out more about how to save your skin from damage after a swim.
1. Chlorine in the water is highly dangerous for your skin. Exposure to chlorine will make your skin dry and also aids the skin in losing moisture extremely. Taking a shower with lukewarm water and some soap will help you get rid of the chlorine in your skin.
2. Put lots of moisturizer on your skin after a bath so that while your skin in damp, most of the cream will be absorbed. This will keep the dryness in check. It is also a excellent idea to apply a light waterproof sunscreen lotion before you take a dip.
3. Bananas is known to be a excellent cleanser. Use a banana pack to reduce the dark spots around your face, neck, arms and legs. Let the pack be till it dries up completely and then rinse.
4. Drinking lots of water is imperative when you are swimming. While doing this exercise, keeping your body hydrated is a very good idea. Also, a regular intake of fresh fruits and vegetables with vitamin C and A will give your skin that much needed glow.
5. Swimming is indeed a wonderful exercise, but it can make your skin look dull and dark if not taken care of. So, next time before you jump into the pool, take a few minutes to follow these simple tips for a beautiful you!